Friday, November 20, 2009

Stuck in a pickle


Last night I took my medication, on a very empty stomach. Not very smart. I was so nauseated I couldn't sleep. I have to take the medicine so that I don't get sick while here, but I can't take it on an empty stomach. My solution? I stopped by the ice cream shop around the corner (milk isn't so readily available) and bought one child size scoop to take with my medicine. I reduced it by about a teaspoon, rinsed it down the sink. The plus is that it has fat and sugar in it to calm my stomach while perking me up. The downside is that it has fat and sugar. So, I did really well today, with the exception of that child scoop, which I shouldn't take, but I should.

Anyways, I cooked some veggies semi-stir fry these evening. Just a fun exercise. I tasted some...well, actually, chewed a piece of onion, a piece of carrot, and a piece of lettuce before spitting them out. They taste good. I put the rest in a container. Maybe I'll give it to the security guards or my flatmate. Day three and on track.

Oh, and thanks for posting that comment, Pretty(lady). It definitely perked me up and I'm thinking on how to improvise for those items. Right now, it's getting late so I think I'll make myself a cup of tea. My tummy is telling me that it wants it, and surprisingly without the loud grumbles.

No comments:

Post a Comment