Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy (No)Turkey Day


The best part about being out of the country on Thanksgiving is that it just doesn't exist around here. This means that I don't have to deal with avoiding all of the Thanksgiving food and everyone insisting that I try the dessert. So glad.

Yesterday I slipped up again. Just as I anticipated. A friend came over and we went out to "the mall". Pretty sad excuse for a mall if you ask me. I don't even like going to those places when I'm home, talk less about going to a crappy one when I'm not. Anyways, I went to the mall. I didn't mind having the popcorn. Lightly salted, no butter. But the ice-cream was a killer, two small scoops. I was feeling pretty bad already with the popcorn since I had eaten some oatmeal in the morning. Especially since I still had to an invitation to meet with my neighbors for drinks. I did well and only had 1 beer, but I had to be polite and had some potato omelet and way too much cheese and crackers. I came home afterward and felt so bloated and gross that I wound up purging most of the cheese and crackers. Bleggghhh! Last time I told myself it would be the only time I would purge, but I just couldn't stand feeling so full.

Oh, and if you were wondering what I did about my cabbage and bean cake situation a couple days ago... I had a bite of cabbage and threw out the bean cake. I didn't want to find myself downing a bunch of water again. Problem solved.

Today I had half a cup of oatmeal and a fruit strip, I may have a second fruit strip. We'll see. I made a chai latte with soy milk (ingenious really, given the limited resources here) but I'm glad the tea bags burst. I couldn't stand the fact that the leaves weren't settling and I couldn't filter the tea out. It was probably a good thing because it kept me from drinking it and I otherwise would have consumed 250 Calories from the soy milk. I see the scale moving in my favor, so I'm happy especially since I offset the scale a bit to account for the water loss I'm sure I'll gain back once I move up to more than 150 Calories a day.

Let's see how the rest of the evening goes. Good luck, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment